Thursday 11 April 2013

Mike's Mushrooms - Update 5

I completed the 3rd section the other day but I've been a bit busy and haven't updated my blog.

I have completed a section of 80 x 80 stitches (-/- a corner of 40 x 40 stitches to be completely exact) now = 5400 stitches
The size of this section is 4,5 inches square (-/- a corner of 2 3/16 inch square) / 11,5 square (-/- a corner of 5,5 cm)

About this project:
This is a "large" and complicated cross stitch project based on a photograph by a really talented Alaskan photographer who was incredibly kind and said I could make a cross stitch of it. The photographer is Mike Gates, go check out his site - his work is amazing!

The pattern was made for me as a prize for winning a competition on dA. It's 10 inches wide  x 14 1/2 inches high = 180 x 261 stitches on 18 ct coffee dyed Aida and it uses 147 colours. I am truly intimidated but I did ask for the pattern to be as close to the photo as possible and didn't limit size or colours and I certainly got what I asked for!

2 comments:

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.