Monday 22 May 2017

Surprise Freebie! 1st Century French Tile Floor Biscornu

It's Monday so not freebie day but sometimes it's nice to surprise people! A while back I saw a photo of a 1st Century tiled floor that was recently excavated in France and thought it would make an amazing biscornu so I made this pattern.
This is a really versatile pattern as it can be made on any colour fabric with a contrasting thread or with that variegated thread you have been hoarding for a special project (but wouldn't it be nice to just try it out before hand?)

You can find the pattern here

4 comments:

  1. Lovely!
    It would also make a great quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes it probably would at that :D little 9 patches with sashing for the centre bit and some strip pieced sections for the border to make assembly easier :)

      Delete
  2. It reminds meo f that huge floor tile you stitched a while ago - I think it will really be perfect to play around with colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get round to stitching this but it's been so hot I haven't done so much, and perhaps my bf being here for a week didn't help ;)

      Delete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.