Friday 15 July 2011

The horrors of cake mix packets...

 
It was the birthday of my youngest son's favourite can't live without cuddly thing (better know as Dilly) last Wednesday and, as I was still sore from our day trip to Leiden the day before I wasn't up to baking a cake for him as I'd promised, I decided to finally use up that packet of ready made add water only cake mix ("Home Made" brand)  that someone had given me a while ago and was close to going out of date. I rather wish I hadn't - it was horrible and as the image shows we didn't even finish more than one or two bites before we decided it was just too horrible to eat - we threw it away in the end.

The moral of this story - it's nicer to make real cake made from real ingredients, and tbh it's not as hard as people make it out to be - even my kids can make a cake on their own with a bit of help with weighing out the ingredients first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.