Monday 11 June 2012

Day 15

A bit on the late side with my post but well.. it was just one of those days that result in "nothing" getting done that was planned on but lots of time was spent doing it. I'm afraid the photo isn't the best I've done but I had accidentally deleted the wrong one and as I only just noticed it's a bit too late to change the photo as I've done a fair bit of work on this since the photo.

Colours finished:
None

Working with:
3865
B5200


What I did manage to do yesterday was bake some spelt buns (need to bake them for less time next time as they were a bit too hard lol) using a recipe from the Times newspaper to have with dinner last night.  They were however delicious, especially with the additional 50 grams of pumpkin seeds I'd added. During said meal oldest screamed and panicked because he thought a wasp had landed on him and when I told him to sit still he froze like a statue. Turned out he didn't have a wasp on him but a very sneaky caterpillar. Once I'd removed it with some kitchen paper I took a moment to take photo's and see what it really was.

Top view

Side view
What you see above is the Orgyia antiqua better known with the non Latin names of Rusty Tussock Moth or Vapourer which when looked at from above really does look more like a wasp or bee - pretty nifty camouflage really for a moth caterpillar. Once he had seen what it really was he had a good laugh and then kindly returned it to our back garden where it hopefully it won't damage the apple tree *too* much lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.