Sunday 8 July 2012

Summer day camp reward

The kids have spent all week at a summer sports day camp and as a thanks I made the people who had made the week so much fun for the kids cupcakes. There were 40 people working there and about 60 kids so it was really well staffed and they had put a LOT of effort in to make things fun.


I made 4 batches of cupcakes - chocolate, apple cinnamon, strawberry and of course vanilla. The people there were thrilled with the treat :)


I don't think I've mentioned how I make the apple cinnamon cupcakes yet so here goes:
  • One batch of My favourite cake batter made with/omitting:
    • Omit the vanilla flavouring
    • Add 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    • Add an additional 5 ml / 1 teaspoon of milk
    • About 50 grams / 2 oz chopped dried apple (this stops the cake from going soggy from the apple juices)
  • If you wish to ice this use:
    • Icing made with lemon juice 
    • Caramel glaze made with: 
      • 125 gr / 1 cup icing sugar
      • 1 - 2 tablespoons of caramel coffee syrup
    •  Half a batch of caramel frosting as found here
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.