Monday 1 October 2012

8 Colour challenge - Part 9: Completed embroidery

The embroidery is complete now! All it now needs is a border of some sort - I tried several embroidered ones, a heavy chain stitch, cross stitch and something else I can't remember the name of and ended up ripping them all out because it looked "wrong". Another thing I tried and ripped out was mist going behind the ghost and in front of the tree - the idea was good but I couldn't work out how to stitch it and the feather stitch using white pearescant thread I thought might work looked awful. In the end I decided that I'd let the dyed embroidery fabric speak for itself and left it as it was.

I'm a bit undecided on the colour of fabric to use - I have several Halloween type fabrics and some autumn ones as well or I may even use a solid colour - it depends what "speaks" to me when I go rootle in my fabric stash.

Colours finished since the last update:
445 - Light lemon
472 - Ultra light avocado green
727 - Very light topaz
734 - Light olive green
745 - Light pale yellow
E168 - Silver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.