Wednesday 12 July 2017

WIP Wednesday

It's WIP Wednesday and somehow, despite all the busyness of doing daily patterns and doing the pre-holiday blog post writing work, I have actually found time to stitch too. As always first the Vakje per week. Last Friday's pattern was a darning pattern, and as has become their habit there were 2 pattern options: darned and cross stitched. And as always I did both.

This row will be one with a few more boxes than one might expect but it will work out nicely in the end. I used DMC linen thread for both boxes this week, L779 and L3861 as they reflect the colours used in the box from last week.
And here is a closer look at them, the darning didn't go 100% right but I decided I would leave it as is, warts and all.
Last time I showed this it was partially done, I got quite a bit further since then but it's not complete yet.
I'm really liking how this is turning out but wish I'd had more time to stitch. The pattern for his particular stocking can be found here and if you look in the SAL sidebar you will find all the stockings released so far.
Of course which such limited stitching time now is not exactly the best time to start a new SAL, however I've been wanting to join in with the Steotchalong for the past 3 years and I didn't want to not join in for a 3rd year running. So I dived in and did the first week's stitching hours before the next part was due and hope to be able to finish this week's stitching in time for week 3 on Sunday night. The pattern calls for 16ct Aida and this piece was the only bit I had, hand dyed by Jodyri Designs the colour is Regal Peacock. It's pretty close to DMC 931 in some places but I decided that if by the end of it all some bits don't stand out enough I can always fix that with a bit of backstitch in a contrasting colour.

 Notice: Due to being on holiday my WIP Wednesday posts will be skipped next week and the week after before resuming in August with a (hopefully) extra-large post depending on what I have been able to stitch while away. The daily Christmas in July patterns will continue as they are all scheduled to post automatically.

I'll see you tomorrow for the next Christmas in July freebie!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder who you even still find time to stitch will all your CiJ preperations! The boxes SAL looks great, and so does the Steatchalong on that amazing fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the comment form moderation... some bored idiots are spamming my blog.